F-1 Academic High School Value Program USA
The Academic High School Value Program is designed for students who are more cost conscious and flexible with their school choice. Let our experience Academic School Team guide you through the process!
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
F-1 Academic High School Value Program USA
Budget Friendly – You get the benefits of the F1 visa, but we choose the school for you!
Flexibility – If you have lower English skills or for other reasons cannot be accepted in the J1 program, we can find an option for you here
Diploma – If you are looking for a US high school diploma, this program is a good choice for you!
Multiple Years – If you have a lower budget, but still want to go to the US for multiple years, we can make it happen for you on this program!
The Value Program is the best option for students with a lower budget that still would like the benefits of the F-1 Academic High School Choice Program, but does not necessarily have the specific requests. This is also a great option if you would like to continue studying and graduating in the USA after a J-1 year.
The Value Program is flexible to students with lower English skills and medical conditions, and students that for some reason cannot apply to the J-1 Cultural Exchange Program could still be very successful on the F-1 Academic Value Program.
The experienced ICES Academic School Team will choose the school for you based on your profile! We always try to match your interests with a school that can offer that!
- AGE: 14-19
- GRADES: 9-12
- ACADEMICS: A minimum of a C average in all courses taken over the past three years.
- ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS: Minimum ELTiS 200
- ATTITUDE: The maturity to deal with the inevitable challenges of adapting to another culture and communicating in a foreign language.
- INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY: An open mind toward learning the ins and outs of another culture, such as its social customs, as well as concrete experiences such as food and fun.
- Academic Year
- Multiple Years
The F-1 Academic Value Program has a set price. Please contact the ICES F-1 Academic Team for more information!
Contact F-1 Academic School Team
Accommodation – Your Host Family
Living with an American family will help you quickly adjust to life in the US, improve your English and learn about local customs and traditions. All of our families are carefully screened and vetted by our local staff.
ICES host families come from all backgrounds, faiths and philosophies. Some families have two host parents, and others are single- parent families. Some have young children who will enjoy the experience of having a “big brother or sister.” Sometimes the host parents have no children, or their children are grown up and live on their own. Often host parents work outside the home. Whatever the circumstances, host families share a common trait – they have enough love to make a young person from another country part of their family.
Many students and natural families are curious about how host families are found. Screening of American host families includes a host family application, reference checks, criminal background checks for every member of the household aged 18 and older, and an in-home interview by the ICES Local Coordinator.
Your ICES Local Coordinator
The Local Coordinator is the student’s most important ICES contact and a vital part in the exchange experience. Students can depend on their Local Coordinator to offer advice, answer questions, assist with class enrollment and help them to develop a satisfying relationship with their host family.
At least once a month, the Local Coordinator will contact the student, host family and school to discuss recent experiences and prepare a monthly progress report.
The Local Coordinator often plans activities and trips for students in the area, and sometimes together with other ICES field staff in the region.
The Local Coordinator reports to the ICES Regional Director, and if additional support or help becomes necessary the ICES Student Support Center will be contacted. An ICES on-duty officer may always be reached 24/7 at ICES toll-free number 1-800-3566.
Why You Should Choose ICES F-1 Academic High School Value Program USA
- The ICES Academic Team Cares: They are trained to support both students and host families throughout the duration of the program.
- Easy Enrollment: The Academic Team takes care of everything, including acceptance paperwork and timely delivery of the I-20 document.
- Safety First: Host families are carefully screened for student safety and comfort.
- Choice of Dates: Choose from full-year program, with extensions available for up to five years of study. You can also make arrangements for a summer stay and choose to room at a boarding school.
- ICES Local Coordinators: You’re never on your own with an Local Coordinator by your side to offer guidance throughout the school term.
- 24-hour Emergency Line: Help is just a phone call away for students and host families alike.
- Monthly Progress Reports: There’s built-in peace of mind for parents, who’ll be able to make sure their children are getting the most out the exchange experience.
- Student Handbook: You’ll receive a comprehensive document with everything you need to know about your school, the program and the policies in place.
- Arrival Orientation Program: Exciting programs in either New York or Los Angeles help students know what to expect and get acclimated to life in the U.S. before heading off to meet their host families.
What’s Included in Your Program Fee?
When you enroll in the ICES F-1 Academic High School Program, you get much more than just private school tuition.
Program fees include:
- Acceptance in a Public or Private School
- Processing and delivery of an I-20 document
- Placement with a screened Host Family
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- ICES Local Coordinator supervision
- Support from ICES National Student Counselor
- Monthly student progress reports
- Medical insurance
- Local airport arrival and departure transportation
- 24-hour Emergency Line
- August arrival includes a 4-day/3-night arrival orientation
ICES Student Arrival Orientations & Tours
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK
The ICES Student Arrival Orientation is a 4 days/3 nights stop-over that offers a ‘soft-landing’ on U.S. ground before continuing to your final destination to meet your host family. The orientations will give you an introduction to your host community and what to expect of American culture, including differences you haven’t seen in the movies or on TV. In the afternoons we relax and tour your arrival city to get a glimpse of some popular hot spots.
Here are some of the benefits of attending the Student Arrival Orientation
- You will have time to get over the worse jet lag.
- You will meet other exchange students from around the world.
- 2 fun city tours to get a ‘taste’ of the local highlights.
- A short orientation to go over the most important topics and expectations.
- Individual time with an ICES staff member for personal questions.
- You will be better prepared for a good start on your exchange experience.
- You will feel fresh and rested when you fly out to meet your host family for the first time.
For many students the arrival orientation is mandatory and already included in your exchange package, but for others this is an add-on that you should not miss to attend.
Come join the thousands of ICES exchange students who have started their experience in America by attending one of these great student arrival orientations!