Virtual High School Program USA
No worries if you can’t travel to the USA for a student exchange experience, simply join in on the ICES Virtual High School Program USA. This is a unique opportunity to achieve an equivalent high school education and a U.S. diploma, all from the comfort of your own home.
What is the Virtual High School Program?
ICES is offering international students the opportunity to study remotely online through a U.S. High School. Students that join the ICES Virtual High School program can study from the comfort of their own home with the ability to earn a U.S. High School Diploma or credits that are transferable to other U.S. High Schools.
How does it work?
ICES can provide more information for students and partner agents that are interested in participating in the Virtual High School Program USA. Although there is not a minimum English requirement, students that are accepted into the ICES Virtual High School Program will need to have a good grasp of the English Language in order to be successful. The transcripts of each student will be reviewed to determine the appropriate class schedule. Once accepted, students will be given access to their online account where they can participate in classes and communicate with other students as well as their teachers.
Who is this program for?
- International Students that would like to experience studying in a U.S. High School but are not sure they would like to live in the USA.
- International Students that have already completed 1 year on the J-1 High School Program, do not plan to come back to the US through an F-1 program and wants to earn a U.S. High School Diploma.
- International Students that are currently studying at a U.S. High School but are missing credits they would need to advance to the next grade or graduate and earn a diploma.
- Students that are planning to come to the U.S. on a F-1 High School Program and want to get a head start on classes required to earn a U.S. High School Diploma.
- Students that want to improve their English.
Dowload Virtual High School Program Flyer
Your Virtual High School USA
The ICES Virtual High School will offer the international students a variety of options to customize their own school program after individual schedules and needs.
The Virtual High School Program offers:
- Acceptance into Accredited U.S. Virtual High School Program.
- Live online classes.
- Access to online system where students will participate in classes, complete assignments and communicate with teachers and other students.
- Ability to view class progress, assignments and grades.
- Virtual Host Family.
Your Virtual Program options:
- Academic or calendar year program
- Semester program
- Short-term program
- Individual classes
Add Online ESL Classes
In addition to the ICES Virtual High School Program, students can also join our online ESL classes (English as a Second Language). Online ESL classes are a great option for students that want to improve their English. Taking online ESL classes is a great benefit for students that are planning to join the ICES F-1, J-1 or Virtual High School Program. Students will also have the option to have Virtual Host Families with their ESL classes.
Your Virtual Host Family in USA
As an addition to the Virtual High School Program, ICES offers international students the opportunity to connect with a host family in the USA… virtually.
Virtual host families can share their life and culture with the students and the students can share their life culture with the American host family.
– Play online and board games
– Talk about differences in culture
– Share recipes and show how they make them
– Help students improve their English skills
Students with Virtual Host Families will receive:
- Interaction with their virtual host family via Skype, WhatsApp, Zoom, text or email.
- Virtual Holidays with the host family.
- Students may also have the opportunity to join their virtual host family in the USA on a summer immersion program.
What are the benefits of the Virtual High School Program?
There might be many different reasons for students to participate in the ICES Virtual High School Program. Below we have listed some of the great benefits of joining the program:
- The ICES Virtual High School Program USA is very flexible.
- The program can be customized after your personal needs.
- The virtual program carries a lower cost compared to traditional exchange programs in the USA.
- The educational program offers a structure including both live classes with a teacher and individual sessions to be scheduled by the student.
- You can earn a U.S. High School Diploma.
- You can earn class credits that can be transferred to other U.S. high schools.
- You can make up missing credits at your current U.S. high school.
- The program is a great preparation for those who plan to attend a U.S. college.
- You can connect with a Virtual Host Family in the USA.