Internship and Professional Training USA
ICES Internships and Professional Training programs USA offer the opportunity to broaden your professional horizons.
Participating in one of these programs allows you to immerse yourself in the American culture and get an up-close look at American business practices while adding international experience to your resume or CV.
Your English skills will be polished and improved, and you will have the chance to build your personal and professional network.
Come join the thousands of J-1 Interns and Trainees that come to the U.S. each year to learn about the culture and to advance their professional skills!
The Internship & Professional Training Programs USA
It is important to understand that the J-1 Intern and Trainee programs are not ‘work’ programs. They are training programs. The purpose is not to gain employment or to make money. Instead, the purposes of the programs are:
- To facilitate cross-cultural opportunities for the Intern/Trainee to learn more about American culture and to also offer opportunities for them to share their own cultures.
- To enhance the skills and expertise of the Intern/Trainee in their academic or occupational fields through participation in structured and guided work-based training.
- To offer training that includes learning about American methods, techniques, and technology.
READ SOME FAQs ABOUT THESE PROGRAMS
Your Field Options for the Internship and Professional Training Programs USA
ICES sponsors opportunities in 6 fields:
- Arts and Culture
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Media and Communications
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- Public Administration and Law
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics and Industrial Occupations
ARE YOU READY FOR AN EXPERIENCE OF A LIFE-TIME?
Which program is right for you?
Internship Program USA
The Internship Program is for a Foreign National
- who is currently enrolled full-time in a post-secondary school outside of the U.S., OR is recently graduated with a degree or professional certificate from the same type school.
The internship must be in your field of study.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Professional Training Program USA
The Professional Training program is for a Foreign National
- who has graduated from a post-secondary school outside the U.S and has at least 1 year of work experience in their occupational field, OR has 5 years of professional experience in their occupational field.
The training position must be in your occupational field.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM