INTERNSHIP PROGRAM USA
Join the thousands of thousands of college students and recent graduates who come to the USA each year on the J-1 visa Internship Program. The ICES program offers paid intern positions and our experienced office team will provide guidance and expertise during the application process, in addition to strong support while on your internship program.
Kick start your future career!
Apply for the ICES Internship Program USA today!
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
The Internship Program USA offered by ICES has 3 main goals:
- One goal is to enhance the skills and expertise of the Interns in their academic fields through participation in structured and guided work-based training and internship opportunities. This will include working to improve Interns’ knowledge of American techniques, methodologies, and technology.
- The second goal is to provide the opportunity for cross-cultural exchange with the Interns increasing their knowledge and understanding of American culture and society and likewise sharing their own cultures with their American associates.
- A key end goal of the program is that Interns will return to their home countries and share what they have learned.
Some other Internship Program Facts
The Internships program is available for 6-month and 12-month durations.
There is no ‘placement season’ or general start and end dates for the program. Enrollment and recruitment is rolling all year long and tailored to each individual participant.
ARE YOU READY TO EMBARK ON AN EDUCATIONAL ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME?
REQUIREMENTS – Internship Program USA
- ACADEMIC LEVEL: Must be currently enrolled full-time in a post-secondary school outside of the U.S. OR be very recently graduated with a degree or professional certificate from the same type school.
The internship must be in your field of study.
- PROFESSIONAL FOCUS: An openness to learning and the ability to keep a professional focus during the different stages of the training program.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrate excellent and verifiable English proficiency.
- ATTITUDE: Cultural curiosity and the maturity to deal with the inevitable challenges of adapting to another culture.
- J-1 VISA COMPLIANCE: Intention to leave the U.S. within thirty (30) days after the program end date.
Your American Host Company
ICES sponsors Internships in the following 6 program fields:
- Arts and Culture
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Media and Communications
- Management, Business, Commerce and Finance
- Public Administration and Law
- The Sciences, Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics and Industrial Occupations
Host Company Placements
ICES offers 2 types of placements with an American company or organization:
This is for the qualified applicant who
- has secured their own position at a qualified U.S. business but
- must have a designated Sponsor for visa support and to meet U.S. Department of State program requirements.
ICES PROVIDED PLACEMENT
This is for the qualified applicant who
- wants to apply for one of the available positions secured by ICES.
- wants to be assured that the Host Company has been pre-vetted and is knowledgeable about providing a quality training experience.
- wants a paid Internship.
Your detailed Internship Training Plan
Every internship will follow a detailed, individualized training plan. This plan is recorded on the official DS-7002 Form that the prospective Intern must take with them to their visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. It includes the specific goals and objectives of the individual’s internship program; the knowledge, skills, or techniques to be learned by the Intern; and the methods of evaluation and supervision for each phase of the training plan. The prospective Intern must have this completed form for their J-1 visa interview at the US Embassy or Consulate.
READ OTHER FAQs ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Have you done any research on your own to find a suitable internship position?
Here are some useful tools, just click on the button below!
Program Costs and Services offered with Your Internship Program USA
It is the goal of ICES that each Intern has a positive and beneficial experience that will enrich them both culturally and professionally. To that end we offer the following as part of each program.
ICES Program Cost for Internship
Self-Arranged Placement, 6 months: $1,199
Self-Arranged Placement, 12 months: $1,699
ICES Provided Placement, 6 months: $2,299
ICES Provided Placement, 12 months: $2,799
Program Cancelation Fee: $350
The Intern Program USA fee includes:
- Application review and screening for Applicant and Host Company
- Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status (DS-2019 form)
- Visa support and guidance
- Guidance in finding accommodations
- Online Orientation
- Intern Handbook and support documents
- 24-hour emergency support
- Monthly check-ins
- Program Evaluations
- Opportunities to learn about different aspects of American culture
Applicants should be aware that there are some expenses that are not covered by the program cost.
The program does not include:
- SEVIS fee (paid directly to Department of Homeland Security)
- Visa application fee (paid directly to U.S. Embassy or Consulate)
- International airfare (varies)
- Health insurance
- Daily living expenses (varies)
DO YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM?
Did you check out the similar program?
Professional Training Program USA?
ICES also offers International Participants the Professional Training Program USA. This program is more of a career training program and is open to participants who have graduated from a post-secondary school outside of the USA and have at least 1 year of work experience in their occupational field, OR have 5 years of work experience in their occupational field.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE PROFESSIONAL TRAINING PROGRAM USA