F-1 Academic Private Day School Program USA
The F-1 Academic Private Day School Program is a great choice if you are looking for a high school diploma to pursuit a higher education in the USA, or if you are looking for excellent academics, sports or arts programs. Let our experienced Team guide you through the process!
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
F-1 Academic Private Day School Program USA
Choice of Destination – You can pick the area or even the specific school! Choose the school that matches your preferences.
Choice of Classes – We will help you find a school offering the classes you are looking for, so that you are prepared for your future!
Choice of Sports – If you play or want to try a new sport, we can help you find a school offering that sport.
Choice of Duration – You can attend for a semester up to multiple years.
Choice of Graduation – If you desire a U.S. High School Diploma, we can help you find a school offering this.
You attend one of our carefully selected Private high schools and stay with a local family. It’s a great program if you want to experience American family life along with attending a highly academic school. In this program, you can also attend the same school for multiple years. If you are looking for a high school diploma to pursuit higher education in the USA, this is a great choice for you. We offer you a range of great Private school options. Many Private schools have great arts and sports facilities and small class sizes to help you in the very best way exceed and do well.
Our team will guide you through our schools to help you find the right one for you! You can also browse our schools using the ‘School Search’ button below.
SEARCH FOR SCHOOLS
- AGE: 13-19
- GRADES: 8-12
- ACADEMICS: A minimum of a C average in all courses taken over the past three years.
- ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS: Minimum ELTiS 200
- ATTITUDE: The maturity to deal with the inevitable challenges of adapting to another culture and communicating in a foreign language.
- INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY: An open mind toward learning the ins and outs of another culture, such as its social customs, as well as concrete experiences such as food and fun.
- Academic Year
- Multiple Years
Price for the F-1 Academic Private Day School Program varies from school to school. Please contact the ICES F-1 Academic Team for more information!
Contact F-1 Academic School Team
Accommodation – Your Host Family
Living with an American family will help you quickly adjust to life in the US, improve your English and learn about local customs and traditions. All of our families are carefully screened and vetted by our local staff.
ICES host families come from all backgrounds, faiths and philosophies. Some families have two host parents, and others are single- parent families. Some have young children who will enjoy the experience of having a “big brother or sister.” Sometimes the host parents have no children, or their children are grown up and live on their own. Often host parents work outside the home. Whatever the circumstances, host families share a common trait – they have enough love to make a young person from another country part of their family.
Many students and natural families are curious about how host families are found. Screening of American host families includes a host family application, reference checks, criminal background checks for every member of the household aged 18 and older, and an in-home interview by the ICES Local Coordinator.
Your ICES Local Coordinator
The Local Coordinator is the student’s most important ICES contact and a vital part in the exchange experience. Students can depend on their Local Coordinator to offer advice, answer questions, assist with class enrollment and help them to develop a satisfying relationship with their host family.
At least once a month, the Local Coordinator will contact the student, host family and school to discuss recent experiences and prepare a monthly progress report.
The Local Coordinator often plans activities and trips for students in the area, and sometimes together with other ICES field staff in the region.
The Local Coordinator reports to the ICES Regional Director, and if additional support or help becomes necessary the ICES Student Support Center will be contacted. An ICES on-duty officer may always be reached 24/7 at ICES toll-free number 1-800-3566.
Why You Should Choose ICES F-1 Academic Private Day School Program USA
- The ICES Academic Team Cares: They are trained to support both students and host families throughout the duration of the program.
- Easy Enrollment: The Academic Team takes care of everything, including acceptance paperwork and timely delivery of the I-20 document.
- Safety First: Host families are carefully screened for student safety and comfort.
- Choice of Duration: Choose from semester, academic year and multiple years.
- ICES Local Coordinators: You’re never on your own with a Local Coordinator by your side to offer guidance throughout the school term.
- 24-hour Emergency Line: Help is just a phone call away for students and host families alike.
- Monthly Progress Reports: There’s built-in peace of mind for parents, who’ll be able to make sure their children are getting the most out of the exchange experience.
- Student Handbook: You’ll receive a comprehensive document with everything you need to know about your school, the program and the policies in place.
- Arrival Orientation Program: Exciting programs in either New York or Los Angeles help you know what to expect and get acclimated to life in the U.S. before heading off to meet their host families.
What’s Included in Your Program Fee?
When you enroll in the ICES F-1 Academic Private Day School Program, you get much more than just private school tuition.
Program fees include:
- Acceptance in a Private High School
- Processing and delivery of an I-20 document
- Placement with a screened Host Family
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- ICES Local Coordinator supervision
- Support from ICES National Student Counselor
- Monthly student progress reports
- Medical insurance
- Local airport arrival and departure transportation
- 24-hour Emergency Line
- August arrival includes a 4-day/3-night arrival orientation
Are you curious about any other ICES F-1 Academic Programs?
F-1 Academic Private Boarding School P
F-1 Academic High School Value Program
ICES Student Arrival Orientations & Tours
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK
The ICES Student Arrival Orientation is a 4 days/3 nights stop-over that offers a ‘soft-landing’ on U.S. ground before continuing to your final destination to meet your host family. The orientations will give you an introduction to your host community and what to expect of American culture, including differences you haven’t seen in the movies or on TV. In the afternoons we relax and tour your arrival city to get a glimpse of some popular hot spots.
Here are some of the benefits of attending the Student Arrival Orientation
- You will have time to get over the worst jet lag.
- You will meet other students from around the world.
- 2 fun city tours to get a ‘taste’ of the local highlights.
- A short orientation to go over the most important topics and expectations.
- Individual time with an ICES staff member for personal questions.
- You will be better prepared for a good start on your study abroad experience.
- You will feel fresh and rested when you fly out to meet your host family for the first time.
For many students the arrival orientation is mandatory and already included in your program package, but for others this is an add-on that you should not miss to attend.
Come join the thousands of ICES students who have started their experience in America by attending one of these great student arrival orientations!