F-1 Private High School
Are you ready for an exciting study abroad experience in America? Let us help you realize your dream!
IQ USA: Your Connection to Over 175 Private High Schools
IQ USA is a division of ICES
Our F-1 program provides students with a wide range of choices for total control over their study abroad experience. In addition to the all-important decision about location, parents are able to choose a program that suits their budget. Flexible options include a variety of program lengths, college preparatory courses, sports programs, ESL support, senior admission and more to tailor your time in the U.S. to fit your individual needs.
Each school has its own international student admissions criteria, such as English proficiency and GPA requirements. The IQ team has expanded knowledge of our partner schools’ acceptance requirements, we provide customized recommendations based on your qualifications and personal criteria, we help you find the right match!
IQ USA carefully screens host families using an in-home interview and criminal background check to ensure that they are committed to student safety and have a genuine desire to share American culture. Once selected, host families undergo an in-depth orientation program, conducted by a trained IQ Local Coordinator who will supervise you and offer support during your program.
Why You Should Choose IQ USA’s F-1 Private High School Program
- The IQ Team Cares: They’re trained to support both students and host families throughout the duration of the program.
- Flexible Options: Choose your location, school and budget for a customized experience.
- Easy Enrollment: The IQ Team takes care of everything, including acceptance paperwork and timely delivery of the I-20 document.
- Safety First: Host families are carefully screened for student safety and comfort.
- Choice of Dates: Choose from full-year or semester programs, with extensions available for up to five years of study. You can also make arrangements for a summer stay and choose to room at a boarding school.
- IQ Coordinators: You’re never on your own with an IQ Coordinator by your side to offer guidance throughout the school term.
- 24-hour Emergency Line: Help is just a phone call away for students and host families alike.
- Monthly Progress Reports: There’s built-in peace of mind for parents, who’ll be able to make sure their children are getting the most out the exchange experience.
- Student Handbook: You’ll receive a comprehensive document with everything you need to know about your school, the program and the policies in place.
- Arrival Orientation Program: Exciting programs in either New York or Los Angeles help students know what to expect and get acclimated to life in the U.S. before heading off to meet their host families.
What’s Included in Your Program Fee?
When you enroll in IQ USA’s F-1 Private High School Program, you get much more than just private school tuition. Program fees include: host family accommodation including meals, internschool tuition,(school fee), school registration and application fees, medical insurance, airport arrival and departure transportation, 3-day arrival orientation and local coordinator supervision.
ICES / IQ Arrival Orientation & Tour Information
New York City- 4 days / 3 nights
Orientation in New York begins with an introduction to your host community. You’ll learn all about what to expect of American culture, including differences you haven’t seen in the movies or on TV! You’ll also get an overview about the exciting adventures that lie ahead.
The New York City tour includes a trip to see many of the most famous landmarks in the city known to locals as “The Big Apple.” You’ll get to see the famed Statue of Liberty and the iconic Manhattan skyline, and you’ll be able to do some shopping amid the bright lights of Times Square, the most famous gathering place in the city.
Los Angeles 4 days / 3 nights
For students attending the West Coast orientation, we cover the same important information about your host community and American culture, this time in sunny Southern California.
The Los Angeles and Hollywood tour begins in Beverly Hills, where you may catch a glimpse of famous movie stars in their own fashionable neighborhood. You’ll also see the Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Pier, where you can enjoy the beach. Other highlights of the tour include the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Dolby Theater, Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum,the Chinese Theater and the Griffith Observatory for a great view of the famous Hollywood sign.
- AGE: 15- 18
- ACADEMICS: A minimum of a C average in all courses taken over the past three years. Transcripts translated into English and a Teacher’s Recommendation
- ATTITUDE: The maturity to deal with the inevitable challenges of adapting to another culture and communicating in a foreign language.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS: Demonstrate acceptable scores on the Standard Test for English Proficiency. Students should also be comfortable and competent in using English conversationally to follow course work and socialize.
- INTELLECTUAL CURIOSITY: An open mind toward learning the ins and outs of another culture, such as its social customs, as well as concrete experiences such as food and fun.